Thanks for sharing an update about the issue, @rjwbailey,
Just to add some clarification about this topic, users cannot use the same email to access the regular QBO interface and the Accountant's view. Once a user is invited as an accountant, their profile will be upgraded to QBOA. This action is permanent and cannot be undone or reversed.
To avoid this from happening, those users who want to access both interface, a separate email must be used. From what I have read on your post, it looks you already tried a new email and has reset the Master Admin credentials.
Using the updated MA login, have you tried resending the invite? Open a private browser when accepting the invitation. Here are some shortcuts to try:
- For Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + N.
- For Firefox, press Ctrl + Shift + P.
- For Safari, hold down Command + Shift + N.
Follow these steps on the client's profile:
- On your QBO profile, click the Gear ⚙️ icon and select Manage Users.
- Press Add User then go to the Accounting Firms tab.
- Use the Invite button to add your login credentials
- Lastly, click Save.
Here are some readouts to learn to manage your QBO users and account:
Let me know the result. I'll be on a lookout for your reply as I need to make sure you're all set.