Thanks for joining this thread, J-Mashtriod.
Let's perform other troubleshooting steps by running the repair tool. This will help fix the unknown issue you've experienced with the Company menu in QuickBooks.
Let me show you how:
- Back up your company file.
- Restart your computer to ensure there are no programs that may affect the repair.
- Open the Windows Start menu, then select Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features, then Uninstall a Program.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of programs, then Uninstall/Change.
- Click Continue.
- Hit Repair, then Next. The repair should start right away, but it may take a while to finish. You can leave it running, and come back once it's done.
- Click Finish once done.
- Update your QuickBooks to the latest release. This makes sure you have the most recent fixes and security update.
If you encounter an error during the process above, please refer to the Repair your QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. Then, go to What to do if you get an error during a repair for the detailed steps on how to get rid of this.
Let me know how this goes by leaving a comment below. I'm always glad to help you out.