Nice to meet you, @hftjm.
It sounds like you might have some data damage with your company file since all of the funds have been deposited. Don't worry. I've got you covered. We can use the Verify and Rebuild data tool to remove the damage from the company file. Here's how:
- Go to the File menu, then hover over Utilities and choose Rebuild Data.
- Select OK when on the QuickBooks Information window. Follow the on-screen instructions to save a backup.
- Give time for the tool to repair your file.
- When the tool finishes, Press OK.
- Go to the File menu, then hover over Utilities and pick Verify Data.
- The tool will now check for data issues.
Afterward, try to go back to the Undeposited Funds Account and see if the balance is still there.
Here are two extra links that can help you out in the future:
- What's the Undeposited Funds account?
- Deposit payments into the Undeposited Funds account in QuickBooks Desktop
Touch base with me after trying these steps. I want to make sure that we're able to get this issue resolved. I'll be waiting for your response.
Thank you very much. That fixed the problem, but I have another problem. I am showing -12,363.98 in Accounts Receivable, but my open balance on invoices is 6,264.00. Any ideas on that?
These negative amounts are usually caused by Credit Memo entries, over-payments, or possible duplicate payments.
If these are deposits, the best way to remove them is to apply these as a credit to an invoice. Here's how:
- Go to the Customers menu, then select Create Invoices.
- Choose the customer from the Customer: Job drop-down.
- Enter the necessary information.
- Click Apply Credits.
- Hit Yes to confirm the changes.
- In the Apply Credits window, select the deposit from the Credits tab. (Make sure the amount is the same with the invoice)
- Click Done. (The invoice will be marked as paid)
- Hit Save & Close to save the invoice.
Once done, you can now review the Accounts Receivable if the negative amounts are already removed.
You can refer to these articles to learn more about Accounts Receivables in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Resolve AR and AP balances on the cash basis Balance Sheet.
- AR balance on the Chart of Accounts does not match AR balance on reports.
Feel free to get back to me if you need more help with QuickBooks invoices. I'd be happy to help.
Hey there, @dede5674.
Thanks for joining in on this thread. There are some different troubleshooting steps that you can take to help fix this balance problem within your QuickBooks Online (QBO) account.
Using a private browser or incognito window can help remove any errors or glitches that may be occurring in your product. Here's how:
- Internet Explorer/Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P
- Google Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + N
- Safari: Command + Shift + N
If this works, then go back to your regular session and clear your browser's cache and cookies. If this doesn't work, then I suggest using a different browser.
Let me know if this does the trick. I want to make sure all of your concerns are addressed. Take care!
IS All OF QB DATA HACKED BY THE RUSSIAN TRAMP AND QB DATA TURNED TO JUNK.?????
3 SEPARATE BANK ACCOUNT DOWN LOADED BANK TRANSACTIONS FOR THE YEAR THAT I HAVE IDENTIFIED SO FAR ARE CRUPTED AND MISSING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF TRANSACTIONS, FROM CAPITAL CREDIT CARDS ACCOUNTS!!!
IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS AND IF SO HOW DO I FIX IT OR GET QUICK SH_T TO FIX THERE ACCOUNTING TO BE TRUE AND NOT FAKE MISSING DATA, AS A BUNCH OF MY TRANSACTIONS ARE MISSING FOR EACH MONTH FOR EACH ACCOUNT AND MAYBE ALL BANKING ACCOUNTS???
This is not the impression we want you to experience when using Bank Feeds, JUNKDATABQ.
The bank transactions posted in QuickBooks dependents on what your bank or financial institution shares with us and on how they are initially displayed on your bank's website. To trace on what happened to the missing transactons, we can run the Audit Trail feature to check if they are modified or deleted. This lists each accounting transaction and any additions, deletions, or modifications that affect that transaction. Here's how:
- Click Reports on the top menu.
- Choose Accountant & Taxes.
- Select Audit Trail.
- Manually enter the date period when you approved the bank transactions.
- Hit Refresh.
If you can't find the missing bank data, let's try checking other bank accounts. It's possible it was linked to a different one when adding them in the register. If the same thing happens, we can use the Web connect feature to import the missing bank transaction in QuickBooks. Then, you can add them to your register again.
Once done, please contact our Technical Support Team to investigate what's causing this issue. They'll pull up your account in a secure environment and help you with this one. You may send a message via chat, call us at a time convenient to you, or we’ll get in touch with you instead. To ensure we address your concern, our representatives are available from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM on weekdays and 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM on Saturdays, PST. See our support hours and types for more details about this one. Here's how to reach them:
- Click the Help icon on the top menu.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop Help.
- Tap Contact us.
- Select Search for something else and enter your concern in the Tell us more about your question: field.
- Tap Search.
- Choose Start a Message or Get Phone Number to connect with our support.
Feel free to visit our Banking page for more insights about managing your bank feeds transactions.
I'd like to know how things going after trying the steps, as I want to ensure this is resolved for you. Please reply to this post and I'll get back to you. You have a good one.