Hi there, @rmhlastingimpres.
Thank you for reaching out to the Community.
There are different types of password types. There are Admin passwords and user passwords you can reset.
To reset the Admin password, here's how:
- When signing in, only enter in the password and not the user name.
- Your user name will be Admin or another admin name you created.
Once you've followed the steps above, you'll need to confirm some information as a security step.
For QuickBooks 2020
- On the Company login page, choose I forgot my password.
- Click on the email drop-down, then Next.
- You'll be sent an email with a token to reset your password.
- Type in the received token.
For more information about resetting your password for QuickBooks Desktop, refer to this helpful article: Reset your password for QuickBooks Desktop.
Let me know if the information above does the trick. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to comment below.