Great to have you here, Grandpa.
If you are referring to deleting an account in the Chart of Accounts page, there are some things we need to know first. Among these are:
- The account will be made inactive in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
- If the account has a non-zero balance, QBO will make an adjusting transaction.
- Although you can make a deleted account active again, you may need to make corrections to journal entries and balances.
If the account you'll want to delete is connected to the online banking feature, we need to disconnect the bank connection. Just follow the steps and details in this article: Disconnect or delete an account from the Downloaded Transactions page.
Once done, let's go to the Charts of Accounts page to inactivate the account. Here's how:
- Go to the Gear icon on the top menu.
- Choose Chart of Accounts.
- Find the account you want to delete in the list.
- In the Action drop-down, select Make inactive.
- Tap Yes to confirm.
For more details about this one, you can check out this article: Delete an account on your chart of accounts in QuickBooks Online.
I've got a link here where you can find articles about managing your bank transactions: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/banking/07?product=QuickBooks%20Online.
I'm just one post away if you need a hand with reconciling your account or any QBO related. I'll be here to ensure your success. Take care always.