Re: Locked out of Quickbooks
Hey there, @WB301.
Thanks for joining us here in the Community and for providing a screenshot of the error you're getting. I'm here to help make sure that you can access your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) company file.
You can use the Automated Password Reset Tool provided by @JamesOng above. This tool is used to reset your QuickBooks Admin password in any version of QuickBooks for Windows. Here's how:
1. Download Automated password tool for QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Choose your QBDT version.
3. Enter your QuickBooks license number and business info, then Next.
4. Accept the license agreement. The Automated password reset tool will be downloaded automatically (if automatic download didn't work, select download now).
5. Run the Automated password reset tool, then enter the token number received via email.
6. Select the same QBDT version on the QuickBooks Desktop Products drop-down.
7. Click Browse for Company File, then choose the company file that you want to reset the password for.
8. Enter your New Password, then Confirm New Password.
9. Select Reset Password to complete the process.
Once done, you should be able to open your QBDT company file. For your reference, you may check out this article for further guidance: Use the Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop.
That should do it! Please let me know how it goes by leaving a comment down below. I'd be glad to answer if you have any additional concerns. Take care and enjoy the rest of the day.