QuickBooks Team

Account management

Hey there, hrohrlach.

Welcome to the Community. I’m here to help reconnect your bank to QuickBooks.

Before performing any troubleshooting, could you tell me if you encounter any errors?  This can help me easily find the cause and its solution.

While waiting for the details, let me share some information about why we can't connect a bank account to QuickBooks Online. First, your bank could have multiple names on our list. We need to make sure to select the correct one. Next, the bank might not connect to all types of accounts (for example, personal accounts vs. business accounts).

Finally, the bank may not be a participating financial institution. To fix the issue, let’s try other versions of your financial institution.

From there, select to only release one website for connection to QBO. Here’s how:

1. Hit the Banking menu on the left panel to choose Banking.
  2. On the Bank and Credit Cards page, click the Add account button.
  3. Type the financial institution’s name in the Enter your bank name or URL field box.
  4. From there, look for the bank and then select it from the list. Please note if QuickBooks supports your bank or credit card it will appear on the list.
  5. Choose the link for the financial institution’s website.
  6. This will open the window for the bank's site.
  7. Then, make sure you can access the account via this site.
  8. If yes, log out of the financial institution's website and continue to add the account in QuickBooks Online.

If none of these suggestions work, we’ll have to request a bank connection. Check out the steps below to enter the information.

1. In Let’s get a picture of your profits window, scroll down to click on the Select Still can't find your bank link.
    rec.png
  2. Key in the account’s name in the Bank name field and web address in the Bank web address (URL) field box.
    rec1.png
  3. Press Request to send it.

In the meantime, use the WebConnect feature to import transactions and then download them into your company file. The Manually upload transactions into QuickBooks Online link will walk through the step by step process.

In case you encounter any errors, What to do if you see a bank error or bank transactions won’t download article contains a list of common online banking errors. Proceed directly to the Fix specific banking errors section.

Keep in touch if you need further assistance while working in QBO. Please know I’m always here to help and make sure you’re taken care of. Enjoy the rest of the day.

View solution in original post