You've come to the right place, AJFF_Bookkeeper. I'm here to help you record the refund in QuickBooks Desktop.
Please follow these steps:
- Go to the Banking menu and select Enter Credit Card Charges.
- From the Credit Card drop-down, select the credit card account.
- Select the Refund/Credit radio button.
- Choose the appropriate Vendor name and enter the Date, Ref No, and Amount.
- Enter an appropriate memo to describe the transaction.
- If you returned Items, select the Item tab and enter the Items and Amounts from the refund.
- If the refund does not have Items, select the Expenses tab, select the appropriate Accounts, and enter the Amount.
- Select Save & Close.
To learn more details, here's our detailed guide on how to record a vendor refund in QuickBooks Desktop.
Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding refunds in QuickBooks. I'm always here to help you out.