Thanks for joining us today, @rgeiger011.
I'll share the steps on how you can get a report that'll help you view the account details. While there isn't an option to get this into one page, you can use the export feature. This way, you can
- Go to the Reports menu, then select Profit and Loss Detail.
- Change the Report period.
- Click the Export icon beside the Print icon.
- Tap Export to Excel.
You can refer to this guide for details: Export your reports to Excel from QuickBooks Online.
Please let me know if you still have questions or concerns. I'm always here to help. Take care and happy weekend.
Thanks so much Shiella for getting back to me on Thanksgiving. I have used QB before and the report you indicated is exactly what I was looking for but when I go to my Standard Reports there is no Profit and Loss Detail report? I see other ones and have looked at those but I do not see the Detail report that I am looking for that lists the transactions during the year that make up each Income and Expense item on the P and L? Please let me know where I should be looking? I have looked in Standard, Custom, Management and Community? I appreciate your time. Thanks Ron
Thanks for coming back to the Community, rgeiger011.
I appreciate you for following the solution shared by @ShiellaGraceA and letting us know the result.
Based on the details provided, it looks like you’re using the Simple Start version. The Profit and Loss Detail Report is only in QBO Essentials, Plus, and Advanced.
For more details, check out this article: Reports included in your QuickBooks Online subscription.
You can consider upgrading your current subscription so you can access all financial reports. Alternatively, let’s open the Profit and Loss Report and click on the amount to show all of the transactions that make up the totals.
- In your company, tap the Reports menu and enter Profit and Loss Report in the search field.
- Click the Report period drop-down to set the correct date range.
- Hit the Run report menu to view the changes.
- Hover your mouse to the account you’re working on and click on the amount to show the transaction details.
- Next, copy all the entries and transfer them to a spreadsheet to keep a copy.
However, if you’re not using the Simple Start version, let’s open QBO via private browsing or incognito mode. This is to check if this is a webpage issue, and private browsing doesn't store local files or cache.
- For Google Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + N
- For Mozilla Firefox, press Ctrl + Shift + P
- For Safari, press Command + Shift + N
If this works, clear the cache of your regular browser to start on a clean slate. This guide provides a link on how to perform this task: Clear cache and cookies to fix issues when using QuickBooks Online.
I’m adding an article to help build and personalized statements. It contains a video for visual reference: Customize reports.
Feel free to visit the Community if you need further assistance when working in QuickBooks. I’ll be around to help and make sure you’re taken care of. Have a great rest of the day.