Hi there, @DanielSato.
Thanks for visiting the Community today. I'm here to help you record the employee loan in QuickBooks Online.
You can record your employee's loan in two different ways. The first option is to create a check/expense of the loan.
- Click on the + New menu.
- Select either Expense or Check under the Vendor section.
- Enter all other details including the Payee, Date, Amount, and transaction number.
- From the Category details drop-down option, select the right Cash Advances account. If you don't have an employee cash advances account yet, create one.
- Click Save and close.
When the employee pays the cash advance, create a deposit. Here's how:
- Go back to the + New menu, then select Bank Deposit.
- Choose the bank account and enter the date.
- From the Add funds to this deposit section, select the employee name from the RECEIVED FROM drop-down option.
- Select the cash advance account from the ACCOUNT drop-down option.
- Enter the amount, then click on Save and close.
The second option is by creating a Journal Entry. You can ask for more help from your accountant on how to record this transaction.
I also have articles here for your future reference about setting up a loan and reimbursing employees:
I'm here to help in case you still need a hand to track employee loans in QuickBooks. Have a great day!