Re: Error Code
I'll help you get around this error, Tamar.
We'll try a few steps to get rid of it.
First, let's download the QuickBooks File Doctor on your computer. This tool fixes -6000 errors.
Next, let's rename the .ND and .TLG files. Once these files are corrupted, you'll encounter -6000 errors. These are configuration files that allow the software to access company file in a network. Here's how:
- Open the folder where your file is saved.
- Look for the files with the sane name as your company file but with extensions .ND and .TLG (Examples: company_file.qbw.nd and company_file.qbw.tlg).
- Right-click on the file, then choose Rename. Add OLD at the end of each file name (Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD).
Then, open a sample company file. This helps us isolate the issue. We're testing if the problem lies with your file or the software application. Here's how:
- Close your file.
- In the No Company Open window, click Open a sample file, then choose a file from the list.
- If you encountered no error in the sample file, get to the next solution. But, if you get the same error message, repair QuickBooks.
Lastly, copy the file on the Desktop. By doing this, we're checking if there is a problem with the company file location. Here's how:
- Open the folder where your file is saved, then find the file with .QBW extension.
- Right-click, then choose Copy.
- Go to Desktop, right-click anywhere, then choose Paste.
- Hold the CTRL key, then open QuickBooks.
You can keep us updated after trying these steps. We'll be along straightaway to help you out.