This widget could not be displayed.

Re: Error Code

Thanks for looping in, REX421.

I'm here to help you open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop.

Files may not open in QuickBooks for reasons such as:

• Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks Company file.
  • The file is already opened by another user on the shared network.
  • Using wrong methods to open particular file types.
  • Issues with reports in the file.
  • Issues like access permissions, encrypted or compressed files, problems with filename and extension, and corruption of the data within the file.

Before You Start Troubleshooting

1. Before troubleshooting the company file, make sure the issue is related to the company file rather than the program itself. Also, make sure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest release. See Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
    1. Press and hold the Ctrl key while double-clicking the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
      Note: Do not let go of the Ctrl key until you have the No Company Open window in QuickBooks.
    2. If the program fails to open while holding the Ctrl key, see QuickBooks Desktop does not start for steps to resolve, as the following will not help.
    3. If the program does open, proceed below.
  2. Verify that only one computer is hosting your company file. Turn off hosting in all computers aside from the server.
    1. From the QuickBooks File menu, select Utilities.
    2. Select Stop hosting multi-user accessQuick tip: If you see anything other than Stop hosting multi-user access, it means hosting is currently turned off on that computer.
    3. Once you verify that hosting is disabled, proceed below.
    4. Make sure that your QuickBooks Desktop Program is not corrupted. Open a sample company file and if you get an error, proceed to troubleshooting Solution 7 QuickBooks Desktop Installation.

Here's an article for more recommended solutions: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Resolve-Problems-Opening-QuickBooks-Desktop-or....

Please let me know how it goes or if you ran into a different situation while opening your company file. I'm here to help you out.