Welcome to the Community, dennis w.
I'm here to make sure you can update the company name in QuickBooks Desktop.
Thanks a lot for trying the recommended steps above. Since the OK button when changing the company name is grayed out, I have additional troubleshooting to resolve it.
First, let's update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release. This will help download the changes, improvements, and fixes that were made to QuickBooks.
- Go to Help at the top menu bar, then choose Update QuickBooks.
- Choose Update Now at the top.
- Select the updates on the table
- Click box next to Reset Update.
- Choose Get Updates.
Once done, go back to the Company menu and update the company name. Follow the steps below:
- Choose Company at the top.
- Select My Company.
- Click the Edit button.
- Under Contact Information or Legal Information, update the Company name.
- Click OK.
Signing in to QuickBooks account can also help ensure you can save the company name (refer to the red arrow on the screenshot).
That information should get you back in order.
Let me know the results after trying the steps above. I'm always here to provide any additional assistance if you need anything else. Have a good one.