I've got you covered, userspencer-snell.
This error message usually occurs if you are adding multiple accounts from the same bank in QuickBooks Online. Please take note that we're unable to connect both your parent account and its subaccounts.
Before connecting your bank account, let's first determine how your financial institution sends the downloaded transactions. If the transactions are downloaded to one account, you'll only have to connect only the parent account. If the transactions download to the individual accounts, you'll need to connect the subaccounts and not the parent account.
Once you're able to identify how your bank works, please follow these simple steps to connect your account:
- Select Banking or Transactions from the sidebar menu.
- Go to the Banking tab.
- Click Add account or Link account if you've already created an account.
- Search for your bank, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Click Continue, then enter your username and password.
- Select the accounts you want to connect, then choose the appropriate account type from the drop-down menu.
- Set the date range for the download, then hit Connect to complete the process.
Additionally, you only need to reconcile the parent account because all transactions in the subaccounts roll up into it.
I've also included some articles that help you manage your downloaded bank transactions:
Do you have any other questions in mind? Feel free to leave them below and I'll take care of them. Have a great rest of the day.