QuickBooks Team

Banking

I appreciate the steps that you've taken to get this bank connection issue sorted out, @grindsupplyco.

I'd love to get this hurdle working for you. However, I'd like to know if you received an error message while reconnecting your account. Any additional details are much appreciated.

On the other hand, we've updated our Online Banking platform to Open Banking. It means that bank data can only be downloaded into QuickBooks via Open Banking. PayPal and HSBC already support this functionality. That said, you can now connect your bank accounts.

Since this isn't your case, I recommend reconnecting your bank again by utilizing your bank's URL. This is to test if your bank has multiple names on our list, which is the reason you're unable to reconnect them.

To do that:

1. Go to the Banking menu.
  2. Select the Add account button.
  3. Past your bank's URL in the Connect an account search box (example: http://www.chase.com).
  4. Enter your User ID or Email and Password.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Follow the steps to successfully connect your bank.

If doing this doesn't make a difference, I suggest getting in touch with our Customer Care Team. They'll be able to look further in this matter and verify the reason why you're unable to reconnect your accounts.

To reach them:

1. Click on Help at the top menu bar.
  2. Hit on the Contact Us button.
  3. Enter a brief description of the issue in the What can we help you with? box.
  4. Press on Let's talk.
  5. Select on Get a callback.
  6. Key in your contact details, then tap on Confirm my call.

contact us1.PNGContact us2.PNG

Once you're connected, QuickBooks will automatically download your most recent transactions. After that, I recommend editing, assigning, and categorising your transactions. Also, you can match them to the existing entries in the software. Just go to the For Review tab from the Banking menu. Doing so will help you ensure the accuracy of your financial records.

Let me know if there's anything else you need help with. I'm just a click away. Have a nice day!