When our MynaBank 5955 account was reconciled for 8/2018 & 9/2018 we accidentally entered the year as 2019 as the ending date. How can I fix this?
I attached an image to show the problem.
Hey there, MynaBay.
Let me welcome you first to the Online family. I’ll be your guide today, so you can enter the correct statement ending date.
To start off, undo the reconciliation so you can update the date. Let me guide you how.
- Go to Accounting on the left panel.
- Select the bank you’re working on, then click View register.
- Click the Funnel icon to filter the date, and choose Apply.
- Locate and click the transaction, one at a time.
- Between the Deposit and Balance (USD) columns, keep clicking the R field until the status changes to blank (unreconciled) or C (cleared).
- Click Save.
If you’re using the QuickBooks Online Account version, the Undo Reconciliation feature can help unreconciled transactions by batch.
Next, reconcile the account and make sure to enter the correct statement ending date. Here’s how:
- Go to the Gear icon at the top, then choose Reconcile.
- In the Reconcile page, select the account you’re working on.
- Click on the Start reconciling link.
- On the Reconcile page, go to the Edit info tab and enter the Ending balance or Ending date.
- Choose Save.
- Pull up your account statement and review the transactions.
- You can filter the data displayed by selecting All, Payments or only Deposits.
- If the transactions match on your statement, mark the checkbox next to the amount.
- Click on the drop-down in the upper-right, then select Finish now.
- In the Success! You reconciled your account window, choose Done.
I’m also adding articles with detailed information and screenshots about the process:
Once done, you should now see the correct statement ending date.
If you need further assistance with any of these steps, let me know by posting a comment below. I’m always ready to help. Have a great rest of your day!