Re: Inactivate bank account
Hello there, @Ladyaruba.
Thank you for reaching back to us and for sharing more details about what you need. I'm happy to help share additional information about inactivating bank account in QuickBooks Online.
Yes, you'll no longer see the archived bank account as a choice when you create your paychecks or tax payments. Additionally, to assign the correct bank automatically for payroll, you can double-check your preferences.
- At the top right, select the Gear icon.
- Select Payroll Settings.
- Under Preferences, click Accounting.
- In the Bank Account section, click the drop-down and select the correct bank.
- Click OK.
For more details, I've attached some articles for additional reference:
- How to delete an account or restore a deleted account
- Payroll accounting preferences
- Set up Payroll account preferences
These resources should help to get you back on track. I'm just a post away if you have any other questions about inactivating account or while working with your payroll. I'll be happy to help you out. Wishing you and your business continued success.