QuickBooks Team

Banking

I appreciate your quick reply, @girlie16. Let me chime in and help you so we can get this matter resolved together. 

I couldn't find your attached screenshots. Anyhow, the experience you've shared after following my colleague @BettyJaneB advise are clear. And yes, that's ideally how QuickBooks behave.

As an overview, when you unmatched the transactions in the bank feeds, it will also unlink the cash deposit in the bank register. Hence, you can also exclude the cash deposit downloaded in the bank feeds instead. Then, let's manually edit that cash deposit and change the bank account in the chart of accounts. Here's how: 

Exclude transactions

1. While you're still in the For Review tab, mark the checkboxes of the transactions to exclude.
  2. From the Batch actions drop-down, choose Exclude Selected

Excluded transactions are moved to the Excluded tab. It won't be tracked nor reported as part of your business finances anymore and will not appear in any associated account registers or reports. 

Now, to move the incorrect funds to the correct bank account, let's manually edit the bank deposit and change the posting account. Here's how:

1. Go to the Accounting tab in the left menu. 
  2. Choose Chart of Accounts
  3. Find the account where you deposited the funds incorrectly. 
  4. Click the View register in the Action column.
  5. Select the transaction you want to edit to open the fields. 
  6. In the Deposit to drop-down list, change the posting account.
  7. Click Save and close.

For more information, you can also refer to our help article and learn how to add or edit transactions in a register

I can see that you're in the middle of reconciliation when you came across this issue. Read through the reconciliation hub. It surely a great help in case you encounter any problems in the future.   

Let us know how it goes. I'd be excited to know it works. If it didn't, we're always here to support.