Let me help you sort this out, @alyeskane.
I can provide information about downloading transaction into QuickBooks Desktop.
There are no a reported issue with regards to Web Connect file, however, I have some troubleshooting steps to add that should work for you.
You may download directly from the banks website, outside of QuickBooks:
- Visit your bank's website outside of QuickBooks.
- Download and Save the .QBO file to your Desktop.
- In QuickBooks:
- Go to File menu.
- Select Utilities.
- Choose Import.
- Click Webconnect files.
- Browse to the file location, choose the file and select Open.
- Follow the import wizard to complete the import.
You can also duplicate the issue in a new test file:
- From the QuickBooks File menu, select New Company.
- Choose Express Start.
- On the newly created test company, add your bank account to the Chart of Accounts.
- Set up the account for Bank Feeds.
- Download or import the .qbo file.
If the import is successful in a new test file, the issue lies in the original data file. Otherwise, the issue is with the .QBO file formatting provided by your bank.
To fix it, check out solution 2 detailed in this article and 3-4 for more troubleshooting steps:
Feel free to leave your comments below if you have other questions. I'm always here to help.