Level 1

Scanned & Emailed Receipts showing up as cash transactions

I have been sorting through my transactions and am having trouble. Many of my scanned and emailed receipts have shown up under "cash transactions". How do I go about changing these and merging the duplicates with the corresponding bank transactions? None of my transactions have been with cash.

QuickBooks Team

Banking

I'm here to clarify how QuickBooks Self-Employed handles the receipts, DestryRidesAgain.

QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE) will look for a match transaction after you sent it. If the credit/debit card number is provided, it will be recorded automatically on that bank account. If not, QBSE will still look for a similar transaction. Then, it will create a new transaction if found none. This could be the reason why the transaction was tagged as cash.

What I can suggest is to delete the duplicate transaction and manually attach the receipt. From the Transactions tab, locate and check the transaction with the receipt, then click on the Trash bin/Delete icon. Once done, select the other transaction and click on browse button on the Receipt section. Locate the receipt and click Open.

You can also manually attach it to your transaction using the mobile app. I've added these articles to learn more about this feature:

Please post again if you have more concerns. I'll be glad to assist you.