Welcome to the Community, @ds1234.
I'd like to do some troubleshooting to isolate this behavior with your TD Bank transactions not importing.
Let's begin with deactivating your Online Banking. Make sure that there are no transactions left in the Banking page. Then, update the bank routing number. Afterward, reactivate your Online Banking.
If you'd like to learn more about Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Desktop, click here.
Once you go through these troubleshooting steps and you receive any error messages, you can take a screenshot and let me know the message by leaving me a Reply below.
I'll keep an eye out for your response. Talk to you soon!
Deactivated successfully but having difficulty reactivating. Following online banking setup and it tells me to go to bank site download QBO file and then go to download section of quickbooks. Since I deactivated account I dont have a download section to import to and I can not re enable the account.
Thanks for getting back to us, ds1234.
I'd like to help you download the transactions. Before doing so, please follow the steps in this article to back up your QuickBooks company file.
Once done, we can add the bank account by following the steps below. Note: QuickBooks supports two connection methods. The Direct Connect and Web Connect.
- Direct Connect is a two-way connectivity process between your bank and your QuickBooks.
- Web Connect is a process of downloading the transactions directly from your bank's website and import them into QuickBooks.
You can follow these steps to set up the account:
- Go to Banking > Bank Feeds, then Set Up Bank Feeds for an Account.
- In the Enter your Bank’s name field, enter and select the name of your bank.
- Choose either Direct Connect or Web Connect.
- In the Link your Accounts page, select the Select existing or Create new ▼ drop-down. Then, find the QuickBooks account you want to link to your bank account.
- Hit the Connect button, and then click Close.
I'm adding this article for reference on the steps above: Get started with Bank Feeds for QuickBooks Desktop.
Please get back to us if you have successfully reactivated and downloaded the transactions.
Hi there, ds1234.
Can you tell us what options do you see when clicking the Banking menu? The Bank Feeds option should be in located in between Reconcile and Loan Manager (see attached screenshot).
Once you see that option, click Import Web Connect File and follow the succeeding prompts.
If you can't still see it, let's update your QuickBooks to latest maintenance release. Use this article as a guide: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
After importing your transactions successfully, use this article as a guide on how to categorize them easily: Add and match Bank Feed transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.
The Community is always here if you need additional assistance. Thanks!