Welcome to the Community, @dougdeerfld.
QuickBooks Online (QBO) currently supports TIAA bank. You'll need to connect it through the Banking page. I'll guide you how.
- Go to the Banking menu, then select the Banking tab.
- Click on the Add account button.
- Type in TIAA in the search field and click on it.
- Click on Let's do it and select Give permission.
- Enter the email address you use for TIAA and click on Next.
- Type in your password and click on Log in.
- Click on Return to Intuit.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the account.
Once all your transactions are in QBO, you can now match and categorize them.
Should you have follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I would be more than willing to help.
I have connected QBO with two accounts on my new bank:
YIELD PLEDGE CHECKING at TIAA Bank is a bank (checking account). This account sometimes updates but I get an "!" error message
Your bank has new security steps that QuickBooks can't do for you
You can still get transactions from the bank into your books though. Would you like to see how?(192) More info Report this and get a message when it's fixed. For instance there were 3 transactions that did not update today.
TIAA Visa 1607 is a credit card account and is does not update and it gives me the same error message.
I correspondence with TIAA they state that TIAA supports Quicken but not QBO. Here is their reply:
I have been notified by our Bank team that they are compatible with Quicken, and not Quckbooks Online.It appears that Quickbooks Online is similar to Quicken so it may work, but we don’t normally support Quickbooks. The only aggregators that they support are Quicken and Mint.
Has anyone else run up against this problem?
Once done, here's how to import the file to QuickBooks:
1. On the left navigation pane, go to the Banking menu and select Banking.
2. Choose the bank or credit card account.
3. Click the drop-down beside Update and select File upload.
4. Click Browse, then look for the file.
5. Click Open.
Match your transactions on your bank feeds, then you can now do the reconciliation.
Feel free to drop any question here in Community, I'm always here to help!