Hello there, ahart,
Let me help make sure your transactions are recorded so you can reconcile them.
There isn't a way to restore a deleted entry. However, you can check the Audit Log to view its details, then use the information to manually input the transaction in QuickBooks.
If the entry was already cleared by the bank, you need to manually change the status. We'll apply the same process if the transaction was already reconciled so that it'll no longer appear on the reconciliation page.
Before you clear a deleted entry or undo it, please consider the following:
- The cause can be fixed without undoing a reconcile. You can troubleshoot a reconcile when the opening balance is correct.
- Manually editing the status may even create more problems.
- Manually undoing a reconcile can change the sum of all your reconciled transactions. To prevent this, it's best to consult your accounting professional.
If you still want to unreconcile a previously-reconciled transaction, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Gear icon, then choose Chart of Accounts.
- Locate the account of the transaction.
- Select View Register from the Action column.
- Identify the transaction to edit.
- Under reconcile status column, select between C for Cleared, R for Reconciled, and Blank for Not cleared or reconciled.
- Select Save.
If you have many transactions to edit and you’re connected to an accountant, you can ask your accountant to undo the reconciliation for you.
For additional information, you can go through this article: How to unreconcile a transaction or undo a reconciliation.
Please don't hesitate to leave a comment if you're referring to something else. I'm just around if you need help.