Level 1

Import Mortgage Account instead of Bank or Credit Card

I'm trying to import my rental property mortgage account, so I need to set it to Long Term Liabilities. For some reason, you can only set up connected accounts as bank and credit card, which doesn't make sense. I can't convert it to LTL after setup as either bank or credit card, something about transactions already being tied to the account as cash or credit types, I don't know. It doesn't make sense because I literally just connected the account.

I don't want to do this as I want to have QB linked and automatically sorting tax, insurance and interest. That article is more of a manual expense account, where you base it off written checks it seems, whereas mine is tied to a checking account and has autopay rent set up. Tax and insurance are separate and defined transactions, the only thing not reflected is the interest paid (besides PMI), so I was planning on either plugging that number in as a year end expense, or use the Reconcile feature and plug in the missing amount as an interest paid expense.