A warm welcome to the Community, jameselewisinc.
To download your QuickBooks Online data smoothly, you'll need to set up your Internet Explorer's security settings and Run as Administrator. Let me walk you through the process.
Step 1: Set up security settings in Internet Explorer:
- Right-click the Internet Explorer icon and select Run as administrator. Select the Tools ⚙ icon, then Internet Options.
- Choose Security, then Trusted sites. Go to Sites.
- In the Add this website to the zone field, enter: *.intuit.com and *.qbo.intuit.com.
- Make sure Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone is unchecked.
- Close the Trusted Sites window.
- Ensure the Enable Protected Mode option is unchecked.
- Select Apply, then Okay.
- Leave Internet Explorer open.
Step 2: Set up QuickBooks Desktop for the export:
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select Run as administrator. If QuickBooks Desktop isn't installed, you can download a trial to use for this process.
- Click File at the top menu bar and select Close Company.
- Leave QuickBooks Desktop open while you complete the rest of the steps.
For the detailed steps in preparing your online data, check out this article (proceed to Step: 3): Export and convert your QuickBooks Online data to QuickBooks Desktop.
Things will look different after you export your data to QuickBooks Desktop. To know the limitations when converting your files, you can go through this write-up: Limitations when you convert from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop.
Please get back to me if you still need help with the steps. I'll be around to lend a hand. Keep safe and have a good one!