QuickBooks Team
This widget could not be displayed.

Re: I think there is a bug in my reconciliation register. How can I resolve the issue of previous...

Hello there, @Jo b.

Allow me to help share some information about the issue of previously reconciled transactions appearing back in the register as unreconciled.

Reconciled transactions show as unreconciled due to the following reasons:

• Undo Last Reconciliation was clicked.
  • The reconciled transactions were changed or deleted.
  • The cleared transactions were unchecked (uncleared) in the account register.
  • Funds were transferred from a previously reconciled bank account to its sub account.
  • The company file has been converted between QuickBooks for Mac and Windows or between QuickBooks Online and desktop (applies to US only).
  • The transactions were never reconciled in the company file (perhaps a backup was restored and overrode the file where the reconciled transactions existed).

Whatever the reason/cause of the issue, you must re-reconcile the transactions. A special or mini reconciliation should help you complete this task with ease. There are two methods available to complete the process.

• Method 1, this uses an "off-cycle" reconciliation date and require that you know the ending balance from the most recent reconciliation.
  • Method 2, this method uses a date other than the most recent reconciliation and does not require that you know the ending balance from the previous reconciliation.

For the detailed process and steps, you may check this article: Reconcile previously deleted and re-entered checking or credit card transactions.

Stay in touch if you have any other reconciliation concerns. Have a good one!