Thanks for your time getting in touch with us today, laurabreighner,
I can share some insights about importing files into QuickBooks Online.
Presently, the supported file formats for importing files into QBO are as follows:
- CSV: A CSV file stores tabular data in plain text. Each line of the file is a data record. Each record consists of one or more fields, separated by commas, semi-colon, or other special characters.
- XLS/XLSX: This is a file extension for a spreadsheet file format created by Microsoft for use with Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Excel 2007 and newer use the XLSX file format.
Since you're using a GJE extension file, you'll need to manually convert the file first to CSV or XLS formats. Once done, you can now import the file into QBO.
You might find these articles helpful:
- The QuickBooks Guide to Converting QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
- Import Limitations from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
- FAQs about importing data to QuickBooks Online
Please let me know how it goes, laurabreighner. I'm here if you need further assistance. Have a great day!