Good day, Lynnloving.
Welcome to the QuickBooks Community. Let me help you get past the error code 103.
I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. Error 103 occurs when credentials entered into QuickBooks Online don’t match with what your financial institution has.
The following are the primary reasons why you receive an Error 103:
- You have entered the wrong credentials while trying to connect to your financial institution for the first time.
- You have selected the wrong financial institution (there are often many to select from).
- If you are currently connected and you’ve updated your credentials with your financial institution, you need to update the information in QuickBooks Online.
For first time connections, make sure you can log into your bank outside of QuickBooks by going to your bank’s website and ensuring your credentials are entered manually(instead of allowing your computer to auto-fill it).
If you’re able to log into your bank’s website, try to connect again through QuickBooks and ensure to manually enter your credentials. If the error persists, try connecting using the steps below:
1. Click Banking from the left menu and select Add account.
Note: If you already have an existing bank account in your Chart of Accounts, you can go to the Action column and select View register (or Account history) drop-down and choose Connect bank.
2. In the search field, enter the full name of the bank you’re trying to connect to or enter the bank’s URL.
3. If multiple results are displayed, select the bank name in the list for your account.
4. Log in with your user id and password.
5. If you receive the error 103 again:
- Select the Go back button and the next name on the list.
- Repeat this process until you find the correct website under the bank name and you have successfully connected to your account.
If you can’t still find or connect to your bank, refer to this article: Unable to find the correct bank in QuickBooks Online.
After trying the steps above, let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below. I’ll be here to keep helping. Have a pleasant day!