I created payroll but I'm short hours on one employee.
The direct deposit has already been sent.
The next payroll cycle hasn't started yet.
How do I create a 2nd check for this employee that only pays the shortage?
I've found a couple conversations on how to do this but the Step-by-Steps do not match what my screen shows. For instance, this is one answer (with my challenge step at Step 2):
- In the left navigation bar, click Employees.
- Click Run payroll. (THIS BUTTON DOES NOT EXIST ON MY SCREEN...I CAN'T MUDDLE MY WAY TO SCREENS THAT LOOK LIKE THE BELOW ENTRIES FROM THIS AREA EITHER.)
- Select the employees to pay again.
- At the Enter employee pay details page, select employees to pay, and click Create another check for employee.
- Enter the details of the paycheck, and click Preview payroll.
- Review and submit.
This seems like it would be a common error and I'm really surprised that fixing it is not overtly clear in QB.
I'm working on QB Desktop PRO 2019
Thank you for any help.
Solved! Go to Solution.