Re: How to pay catchup from changing payroll frequency from biweekly to semimonthly
Hi there, @ap92.
Good to see you in the Community. I can help share some insight about adding an extra payment to your employees' paychecks for the next pay period.
You can either create an additional paycheck for each employee to catch up for their current wage or enter a new other earnings item to their paychecks to get this straightened out. Other earnings are taxable payments to an employee that are separate from regular wages and used to calculate deductions.
If you prefer the latter, please refer to the steps below to set this up:
- On the left pane, select Workers.
- Choose Employees.
- Select the name of the employee.
- Click the Pencil icon next to Pay.
- Scroll down and click Even more ways to pay....
- Click Add additional pay types, and enter a unique name for the pay type.
- Enter the amount in the $ field to make the amount recurring, or leave it blank and just enter the amount when running payroll so you can use it for other employees.
- Click Done.
After that, you can add this pay type to your other employee's profile. Then, when you're ready to run payroll, just enter the extra payment in the new payroll item's field.
I've attached some articles about this for additional reference:
That should get you back on track. Stay in touch if you have any other questions about this process, or if you have any other questions about payroll. I'll be happy to help you out. Have a wonderful day.