Established Member
This widget could not be displayed.

Internal error while trying to email paystubs

I am trying to email paystubs for direct deposit employees and it keeps saying there is an internal error.

I would also like to have paystubs sent automatically and I was on the phone for an hour getting it set up with Intuit, but they never got sent automatically, so I don't know what the problem is.

QuickBooks Team
This widget could not be displayed.

Re: Internal error while trying to email paystubs

Hi lacysmith,

You can reset your QuickBooks update to the latest release to fix the error. Let me walk you through the steps.

1. Click Help, and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Click the Update Now tab, then mark the box next to Reset Update.
  3. Click the Get Updates button.

Once you're done, close QuickBooks Desktop and reboot your computer. Then, try emailing your paystubs again.

If you're still getting the same error, please update your Adobe to the latest version. Here's how:

1. On the internet browser address line, type www.adobe.com.
  2. Search for Updates.
  3. Find Adobe Reader 9.3 update or Adobe Acrobat 9.3 Professional update, depending on the version you have.
  4. Select the computer program language listed, such as Windows, or Macintosh.
  5. Complete the download.

To send your paystubs automatically, you can use the QuickBooks Workforce. Every time you send your Direct Deposit paychecks, your paystubs will be sent to the Workforce. Please check out this article for details: Give employees online access to paychecks and W-2's.

Feel free to check out this article for future reference: E-file your state W2s.

Drop a comment anytime if you have additional questions. We're here to help you.