Re: I think my payroll liabilities might be out of whack
I appreciate you sharing the workaround you've discovered, @Chadster.
Talking about @Jen_D's suggestion, have you already added a payment frequency? I'm thinking that this could be the reason why the taxes didn't calculate.
Also, I've tried a few things here on my end and found another workaround which is simpler and easier to perform. Let me discuss this in details and help you get things to fall into place.
Let's add the payment schedule for your insurance item so you'll be able to see this on the Pay Liabilities tab. Here's how:
- Go to the Employees menu at the top, then select Payroll Center.
- Choose Pay Liabilities.
- From the Other Activities list at the bottom, choose Change Payment Method to open the QuickBooks Payroll Setup.
- Click Continue.
- Choose Edit on the Review your Benefits and Other Payments window.
- Make sure to select the correct Payee, Account # and Payment Frequency.
- Select Finish.
- Choose the bank account where you want to track the scheduled tax payment in the software.
- Choose Continue until you can click Finish Later.
This will do it. For more information about this process, you can check out this article: Set Up and Pay Scheduled Payroll Liabilities.
I'm here anytime you have other payroll concerns. Have a great day.