Re: Update QuickBooks
Thanks for joining the thread, Pfarhadieh,
Let me get the help you need in importing your bank transactions.
To further isolate the issue, kindly check if the status of the bank account is inactive. Here's how:
- Go to Lists menu at the top.
- Click Chart of Accounts.
- In the Chart of Accounts window, put a check mark in the Include inactive box.
- Type in the bank account in the Search box.
- If the Bank account shows an X symbol beside the name column, then it means that the bank is inactive.
- To activate bank account, remove the X symbol by clicking on it.
Once done, try to import bank transactions again. However, if it still not allow you to choose the bank, then you can create new bank account then merge it after.
To merge account, here's how:
- Select Lists menu, then choose Chart of Accounts.
- Take note or copy the name of the account that you would like to keep.
- Right-click the name of the account that you would like to merge, then select Edit Account.
- Replace the account name with the one you took note of or copied, then select Save & Close.
- A prompt will appear, select Yes to merge the account.
To help you get started, here are some articles that you can check out about another way of importing bank transactions:
- Import/export overview
- Import/export CSV files
- Export or import Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) files
Should you have any questions about this, please feel free to leave a comment below. Take care.