I'll provide an answer to your question, @EPF.
A state Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a number assigned by your state agency. This allows you to track your payroll tax liabilities and unemployment insurance liability.
To help you get this number, I'd suggest either going to the state website or contacting your state agency. Before you register for any state EIN, you'll first need a federal EIN. Once you have it, you can add it in the program. Here's how:
- Go to Lists from the top menu.
- Choose Payroll Item List.
- Double-click the payroll item and then click Next.
- Enter the State ID number in the Enter the number that identifies you to agency window.
- Click Next until you can click Finish.
For more detailed steps, go through this article: Add Company's State Account Number.
I'll be right here to help if you need anything else. Have a great day, @EPF.