error code 20102
I just signed up to use Quickbooks payroll. I started entering employees which worked fine, but when I went to set up Direct Deposit I got error code 20102 "Thank you for your interest in Direct Deposit. Currently there is an issue with your account that must be resolved." This comes up instead of the form where I can enter the bank account number, etc.
How can this be resolved so that I can get direct deposit working?
Re: error code 20102
Hi there, @1730Airport.
It's nice to have you in the Community today. I'm here to provide information about the error code 20102 and how you get past to it.
Error code 20102 indicates that the Employer Identification Number (EIN) is connected on a different account and you have already an active Direct Deposit on a duplicate EIN which is associated with another account. To get this resolved, I'd suggest giving our Customer Care Team a call. They have the proper tools to check on your account and be able to associate your EIN to the appropriate account so you can run your Direct Deposit with no errors.
Here's how you can reach them:
- In your browser, navigate to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the issue or topic.
- Click on the Green Phone button to see the support number.
Also, I have here some articles that you can refer to about Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Set up, edit, and remove direct deposit for employees in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Direct deposit requirements, signup, and activation for QuickBooks Desktop payroll.
- Change your Direct Deposit bank account.
- Employee did not receive direct deposit created in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
- Troubleshoot direct deposit issues.
These resources should guide you on getting past the error that you received and run your Direct Deposit successfully.
You've got me here if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to address it for you. Have a great day!