This widget could not be displayed.

Re: How do I correct a tax overpayment so that I can submit my NJ927 tax form?

Thank you for joining us here in the Community, MRL.

I'd be happy to help you in correcting your tax forms so you'll be able to submit your NJ927 tax form in QuickBooks Desktop.


In QuickBooks Desktop you can track your outstanding payroll liabilities in the Payroll Liabilities account, based on the payroll items created on each paycheck. You can run the Payroll Liabilities Balance report to check the adjustment you made was accurate.


Here's how:

  1. Choose Reports.
  2. Select Employees & Payroll.
  3. Choose Payroll Liability Balances.
  4. Set the date filter.

Once you're done verifying and the amount is accurate, you may reach out to your tax agency on how you can get the refund for the overpayment. Also, you may find this article helpful:


If you'd like to go through this over the phone, you can call our dedicated team who will be happy to assist you. Our contact details can be found here along with our opening hours:

  1. Go to:
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Feel free to reach out to us if you have additional questions about correcting your tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop. I'll be around to help.