Level 1

Is anyone having trouble accessing "employees". I need to make an employee active and can't get access.

QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi there, Jaime6

If you're looking for assistance accessing your Employees, I'm your guy. The best course of action would be to troubleshoot your PC to see if that clears up the system issues you may be experiencing. Each step below is hyperlinked with instructions on how to do them if you aren't too sure:

1. Use Google Chrome or Firefox (They work the best with our QuickBooks product)
2. Use an incognito tab (If it works through this step you'll want to clear your Cache and Cookies outside of incognito as this option doesn't have Cache and Cookies)
3. Clear Cache and Cookies 

Once those steps are complete, you will be able to access your employees to make them active. When you're there:

1. Click the drop-down arrow next to their name
2. Make them Active

If you need any other help, don't hesitate to reach out, that's what I'm here for.

Level 1

Employees and payroll

I am migrating from desktop to online I had entered in desktop names of employee's names are now online but when i go to export more information form desktop it tells me to delete employees in QBO how do i do that

Employees and payroll

I'll help you migrate your data from QuickBooks Desktop to Online, bobharper.

It is unusual that the migration process asks you to delete the employees in QuickBooks Online.

Before converting you data, I'd recommend do a few preparations to prevent encountering errors while doing the process. 

1. Update your QuickBook to the latest release.
    This will fix minor program issues.
  2. Do the Verify and Rebuild process.
    This will help us ensure that your company file is a great condition for the migration process.

You can then refer to this article for the whole migration process: Move your QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online.

Remember that there are limitations when converting your data due to the feature differences: What to expect when you switch from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.

After the conversion process, you'll need to review the data you have in QuickBooks Online matches with your Desktop: What to do after converting from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows or Mac to QuickBooks Online.

Keep us posted of the result so we can further assist you.