Hello there, @pxfelicitas.
Welcome and thanks for joining in this conversation. Certain factors affect the withholding calculations are the following:
- agency's wage and tax calculation table
- employee's filing status, number of allowances, or extra withholding amount in the employee setup
- pre-tax deduction items included on the paycheck
- changes in pay frequency (creating extra paycheck outside of normal pay schedule)
- creating a paycheck with wages that has lesser or larger amount than what the employee normally gets in a pay period
To learn more about how QuickBooks calculates taxes and understand the tax amounts reported on your paycheck or the year-to-date (YTD) payroll report, you can refer to this help article: How QuickBooks calculates payroll taxes.
You can also see these resources from the IRS and the State agency.
- IRS Pub 15. It helps you learn about FIT Withholding tables.
- State Agency's calculation method. It has information about the State Withholding calculation table.
Feel free to message again if you have additional questions. We're always delighted to help you more.