Hello there, markssdairy
When taxes are not deducting on your payroll, here are a few possible reasons:
- The total annual salary exceeds the salary limit.
- The gross wages of the employees' last payroll are too low.
- Taxable wages
- Number of allowances/dependents
- Pay frequency
- Filing status
To make sure that taxes are withheld, let's get your QuickBooks Desktop updated to the latest release and tax tables. I've got these articles here for the instructions:
Also, enter correct employees' addresses and W-4 information.
I'm adding these articles for more details:
- How QuickBooks calculates payroll taxes
- Payroll items on a paycheck are not calculating or are calculating incorrectly.
You can also click this link to visit the IRS 2018 Publication 15, so you get the exact withholding amount.
Once done, process your payroll again and if the taxes are still not calculated, please contact our Payroll Support Team. Before doing so, please check out our support hours here: Support hours and types.
- Click Help located at the top.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop Help.
- Enter a brief description of your issue and click Continue.
- You can choose Message an Agent or Talk to a Specialist.
Please let us know how the call went. The Community is always available to help you some more. Thanks.