QuickBooks Team
This widget could not be displayed.

Re: How to change a check to a paycheck?

Hello rdm1,


It would be my pleasure to help you correct the payroll of your employee in QuickBooks Desktop and Intuit Payroll.


If you already finished doing the reconciliation, you can enter the historical payroll data in QuickBooks Desktop. While entering your employee's data, please make sure to choose the Do not affect accounts option.


The article I'm adding will explain the process step by step: Enter historical payroll data in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.


Once done, unpaid taxes will now be showing on the Pay Liabilities window for you to pay.


If you haven't reconciled the account yet, you still can delete the checks and create the paychecks through Unscheduled Payroll.


Here's how:

  1. Click the Employees tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Payroll Center.
  3. Go to the Pay Employees tab.
  4. Click Start Unscheduled Payroll.

With regards to the checks entered in Intuit Online Payroll, you may need to reach out to our Phone Support Specialists to correct the issue. They'll be able to assist you in performing the payroll correction through the system.


Here's how you can reach them:




Please know I'm always available here whenever you need help with our products. Wishing you all the best.