Level 1

Can i stop tax payments?

How can I stop the automatic payroll tax payments? I already got approval from the State and the IRS.
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi there, lax1.

I would love to help you, but we can't directly pull up your account here. I recommend getting in touch with our phone supports. This way, we'll be able to pull up your account in a secure session then turn off the automatic payroll tax payments from there.

Here's how to connect with us:

1. Click the Help (?) icon.
  2. Select Contact Us.
  3. Enter "Stop the automatic payroll tax payments" in the description.
  4. Hit the Let's talk button.
  5. Choose Get a callback.

Please check out our support hours to ensure that we address your concerns on time.

Should you need further help in completing your tasks with QuickBooks, you can always  find me here. Assistance is just one comment away.

Community Champion

Employees and payroll

You will have to downgrade your payroll subscription from Full Service. Automatic payments was what you signed up for.

Level 1

Employees and payroll

I signed up for the minimum service allowed - electronic payments are included and opting out is ot an option. Any ideas on how these electronic tax payments may be stopped?

QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hello there, @lax1.

You can stop and delete an electronic Federal tax payment two business days prior to the payment date. While States might take up to five business days since they have a different lead-time for processing tax payments.

Here's how to delete them:

1. In your QuickBooks Online, click Taxes from the left menu and select Payroll Tax.
  2. Click View tax payments you have made from the Taxes section.1.PNG
  3. Select the date range, then choose the name of the tax payment.2.PNG
  4. Choose Delete from the drop-down.3.PNG
  5. Click Yes to confirm.

However, if the payments were already processed electronically, I'd recommend contacting our Payroll Support Team. This way, they can help you cancel the tax payment.

To reach them, you can follow the detailed steps provided by my colleague KlentB above.

You can also read this article to know more about deleting tax payments: Delete a tax payment.

Just in case you want to turn off e-pay for one payment, feel free to check out this article for more details: Pay payroll taxes electronically or manually.

Please let me know if you need clarification about this, or there's anything else I can do for you. I'll be standing by for your response. Have a great day.

Level 1

Employees and payroll

not sure why but I do not have the options and drop downs I'm supposed to have under tax payments....

QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Allow me to chime in, @lax1.

If you don't have the option to select the drop-downs under tax payment, I suggest checking to make sure you're using an admin login. This will ensure you have access to make the changes to your tax payments. If you're logged in to an admin account, then you'll want to open the program in a private window. The program will then run without collecting browsing data. After you delete the payments, you'll want to clear your cache and cookies to ensure your web browser runs more smoothly.

Feel free to comment below if you have any other questions. I'm always here to help.

Level 1

Employees and payroll

yes I am using admin user and still not getting the options.....any other thoughts?

QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

As much as i love to help you, lax1. But we don't have the access to pull up your account here. I recommend getting in touch with the right department. 

This way, we'll be able to pull up your account in a safe mode and stop the automatic tax payment from payroll.  

Let me show you how to contact our support:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Go to Help (?).
  3. Select Contact Us.
  4. Enter your concern, then select Let's talk.
  5. Choose a way to connect with us. Start a chat or Get a call back.   

Please take note that it may take a few minutes to connect with our agents as we are receiving a high volume of calls and messages. You can check also the available hours when contacting our support.  

If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know. I want to make sure everything is taken care of for you. Have a great day!

Level 1

Employees and payroll

The payroll tax payments show up on my payroll tax center were messed up, periods are wrong, one of those payments I have paid in March, and it aromatically showed last week with a directly withdraw day of 4/14/2020. Have called for 3 times and talked to 3 representatives for couple hours, none of them could help me solve the problem. So  sad, too much headache and waste of time. Planning to unscripted.