Hi there, bwwiggins,
While we're unable to trace payments here in the QuickBooks Community forum, you'll get an email to confirm the submission of your payment. This is if you've paid taxes electronically.
To ensure that the payment was submitted to the agency, it's important to check the status of the e-payment after it's submitted. You can also check your bank statements to locate tax payments.
If the payment was done manually, you can pull up the Payroll Transaction Detail report. Then, customize by Liability Check to see all payroll liabilities recorded in QuickBooks Desktop.
Here's how to do it:
- Go to Report.
- Select Employees & Payroll, then pick Payroll Transaction Detail.
- Click Customize Report, then select Filters.
- Filter the transaction type by Payroll Liability Check.
- Click OK.
- Customize the date to see last year's information, then hit Refresh to get the data.
If you're still unable to locate the $274.87 amount, I suggest messaging our QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Team. They can pull up your account in a secure environment and trace the payment for you.
The steps below will guide you through contacting them:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to Help, then select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
- Select Contact Us.
- Give a brief description of your issue, then click Continue.
- We’ll provide you a few support options.
- Choose which one is best for you.
Just a heads up, update your QuickBooks Desktop to see all your support options in the Help window. These include Call Me Back and Messaging which get you help without the long wait time.
Let me know if you have follow-up questions concerning payroll taxes. I'm always around to help you out.