Thanks for posting to the Community, @tammy-dondeflavi.
Right now, we're unable to issue a refund using a direct deposit because you have already processed a direct deposit to an employee for the current pay date.
To issue a refund right away, I suggest creating a reimbursement and name it as a refund, then you can issue a paper check.
Let me show you how:
- Go to Workers and then select Employees.
- Click the Name of the employee.
- Click the Pencil icon beside Pay.
- In the third section, select Add additional pay types and then click Even more ways to pay.
- Choose Add reimbursement type and then enter its name as "Refund". (just enter 0.00 so that we can adjust the refund on the paycheck)
- Click Done.
We can now proceed to create a refund:
- Hover on the Workers menu and then select Employees.
- Click Run Payroll.
- Select Create another paycheck.
- Enter the amount in the Refund column and then hit Preview Payroll.
- Click Submit Payroll.
- Hit Finish Payroll.
Congratulations! You have refunded your employee seamlessly.
You can refer to this article for more details on how to create a reimbursement: Reimburse an employee.
I'll add this article as future help in updating a payroll check: Edit a payroll paycheck.
You're always free to leave a message or tag me (@Jovychris_A) if you need further assistance. I'm always here to help. Take care!