Level 1

How do i get a MA federal EIN for financial services?


Employees and payroll

Hi sdn2july,


You'll have to reach out to the IRS to get your Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Federal Tax Identification Number. Once you’ve received your EIN from the IRS, you can register your business with MassTaxConnect.


Then, enter your EIN in QuickBooks Online (QBO). I'll guide you how.


  1. Go to the Gear icon and choose Payroll Settings.
  2. Click on Tax Setup.
  3. Select the Federal Tax Information link.
  4. Enter your EIN.
  5. Once done, click on OK.

We've collated some key resources for you about payroll tasks in QBO: Payroll tasks: Resource hub.


I'm only a couple of clicks away if you need anything else. I'm always around to help. Have a good one.