It's the same as how we usually prepare 1099s, accounts261.
If we added the contractor as a vendor, let's check if we select the Track payment for 1099s checkbox. Here's how:
- Go to the Expenses menu and then Vendors.
- Click the Gear icon above the ACTION column and check the Include inactive box.
- Select the vendor’s name that has a (deleted) status beside the name.
- Click Edit.
- Check if the the Track payments for 1099 checkbox is selected and then Save.
Then, let's prepare the contractors 1099.
- Just click the Workers menu and select Contractors.
- Click the Prepare 1099s button. Then, Continue your 1099s.
- Review the details of each section and click Next.
- In the Review section (step 4), let's check if the contractors we reactivated showed.
- If not we can toggle the filter drop-down to the Type of contractors.
- Click Apply.
- If it now shows, click Finish Preparing 1099s.
- Choose we'll like to file the form.
We can reactivate the contractor again once done. I've also attached a few articles that will help us prepare 1099s:
Just let me know if you need more help. Keep safe!