Hi there, tfetzner,
QuickBooks lets you send a request for direct deposit reversal 5 business days from the pay date.. However, we can only reverse once the paycheck processed in the system.
You can only request a reversal in these cases:
- The total amount(s) must be greater than $50 (due to the $75 direct deposit reversal fee).
- You can make a request between the 3rd and 5th day after the pay date. This is to ensure that the original paycheck wasn’t rejected. If it's rejected, there's no need for a reversal.
- The bank account you want to reverse funds from must still be in the employee's profile.
- The reason for the reversal is in compliance with ACH or EFT laws.
You'll want to send a request after the pay date. Then, the transaction can take up to 9 business days.
To reverse a payroll direct deposit:
- Open the Direct Deposit Reversal form.
- Select New Request.
- Complete the required information and transaction information.
- Select Save.
- Once the reversal is approved (see the next section for details), you can void the paycheck in your payroll records.
We'll review your request, and you'll get an email containing the processing time. You can also refer to this article: Reverse a direct deposit link for more details.
Let me know if there's anything else you need. Just mention my name, and I'll get back to you.
Thank you and stay safe!