Level 1

Issueing W2's for employees without Payroll Service

I recently rejoined my old company after a year long break because the person who replaced me took off and deserted the company. They were in the middle of switching payroll services, moving to a new location, and starting a new company under a new name and EIN. The new company is using a payroll service so we have received W2's for the wages paid under the new name for the last three months of the year but when I called the old payroll company they said that services had been cancelled and they were not issuing W2's or filed any third quarter taxes for the company. Now our employees are asking for their W2's so I was wondering if I have the payroll reports from the last payroll run from them could I use the information from them to transfer the data to quickbooks to issue w2's and pay our taxes?