I appreciate you for following the resolution steps provided by my colleagues. I have some information to share why payroll taxes aren’t calculating.
The total annual salary exceeds the salary limit or the gross wages of the employees’ last payroll are too low.
Let’s try performing another one to ensure taxes are deducted on the paycheck. We’ll have to revert the paycheck to refresh the payroll data and for the taxes to calculate.
- Open your employee's Payroll Information.
- Right-click the name of your employee/s that’s highlighted in yellow.
- Choose Revert Paycheck.
If the issue persists, I recommend contacting our Payroll Support Team. They have tools to check why there are no deductions on the paycheck.
Once they’ve identified the cause, our specialists will walk you through the steps to resolve the issue. Here’s how:
- Tap the Help menu to see the contact details.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop Help to open the Have a Question window.
- Click on the Contact us link to see the Contact Us screen.
- Hit the Search for something else link and then type contact Payroll Support in the field box.
- Press Search to display the Start a Message menu.
I’m also adding a link that provides detailed information on why QuickBooks calculates wages and/or payroll taxes incorrectly. It includes instructions on how to fix the problem.
Reach out to me if you have any questions or other concerns. I’ll jump right back in to answer them for you. Have a good one.