Re: Employee Vacation Time
I'm here to help you set up your employee's time off.
If you're using QuickBooks Online, you can do so by following these steps:
- Choose Employees on the left navigation panel, and click on the employee's name.
- Go to the Pay section and click the Pencil icon to edit.
- Locate Item 3, and click the Pencil icon next to Additional pay types.
- Here you'll see both Sick Pay and Vacation Pay, where you can select policies from the drop down menu. If you need to, you can add New vacation/sick pay.
- Once you've finished filling out the information, make sure you click Done.
Next time you run payroll, you'll see the option to enter vacation/sick hours. This is typically done as you're running payroll, however you can edit a processed direct deposit paycheck from your most recent payroll. Any changes will be made with a payroll correction on the employee's next paycheck(s): https://community.intuit.com/articles/1436553.
If you're using QuickBooks Desktop, the following article has information on vacation and sick time off: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1436940.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'm always happy to lend a hand.