You've reached the right support, tgpqb.
I'd love to help your with your concern. Let me guide you in creating bonus checks in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
In QBO, you can run payroll specific for bonus checks only. You'll just need to ensure it has the correct date for it to be included in your 2018 year-end payroll tax forms.
- From the Workers tab, select Employees.
- Click the Run payroll drop-down arrow, and select Bonus only.
- On the Bonus Only page, select an option: As net pay or As gross pay.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the correct Pay date.
- Select the checkbox next to each employee to include in this bonus run.
- Enter the necessary information.
- Click Preview payroll and review the payroll.
- Click Submit payroll.
- Click Finish payroll.
Please have this article handy for future reference about creating bonus checks in QuickBooks Online.
Feel free to visit us again if you need additional assistance when creating bonus checks. I'm always here to help.